All Through Curriculum
At King’s Oak our goal is:
- to deliver an engaging and inspiring curriculum so that high standards, high aspirations and high expectations for student performance is achieved
- to ensure a broad and balanced curriculum that prepares students for life, and unlocks future pathways into further education, training and employment
- to provide a curriculum that meets the needs of students, ensuring appropriate support, stretch and challenge
- to sequence a well-planned and progressive curriculum that facilitates high quality teaching and learning, every lesson, every day
- to enhance a curriculum that nurtures an intrinsic passion for learning; supports personal, social, spiritual, emotional development; inspires creative and critical thinking; and improves independent study skills
- to establish equality and diversity throughout an inclusive curriculum that represents and empowers students to be confident, proud, productive citizens in their local, national and global community
- to offer a range of enrichment and extra-curricular activities to develop student experience and encourage wider participation and engagement
British Values Statement
Explore how our school addresses British Values in the curriculum and wider life of the Academy.
Relationships, Sex and Health Education
At King’s Oak Academy, we pride ourselves on delivering a rich PSHE and Personal Development curriculum, including RSHE (Relationships, Sex and Health Education). From September 2020, the statutory guidance came in to place on RSHE delivery, detailed in our RSE policy. Below, you will find a summary of the statutory guidance alongside our comprehensive curriculum offer from Reception to Year 11.
Below, you will find our PSHE and RSHE all-through curriculum intent statement: