Year 11 Information
Welcome to King’s Oak Academy Upper School. Please see below key information regarding those staff that will be working closely with your child throughout the next academic year.
The Upper School Leadership Team 2023/24
Head of Upper School
On behalf of the staff here in the Upper School I would like to extend a very warm welcome.
Our overarching aim in the Upper School is to refine student skills whilst personalising their learning journey through KS4 and on into higher education or training. We pride ourselves on offering our students the best opportunities within their areas of study and beyond, building on students’ prior learning blocks whilst enhancing their cultural capital and expanding their transferable life skills set. Learning in the Upper School is contextualised to allow students to observe the real-life links to a topic and to secure connections between knowledge and application.
Our Core Student Values:
- Unapologetically Academic
- Relentlessly Fair
- Own your Behaviour
- Unswerving focus on destinations
Our staff are dedicated to working with, and supporting, the individual and offering the therapeutic care needed to excel. Whilst having clear, high expectations we do not want to lose the individualism of our students and encourage them to continue to express themselves and develop their passions, their beliefs and their interests.
The aim, to develop our students in to becoming proud, resilient, hardworking active members of our wider society, giving them the confidence to be their best self and to seize every opportunity available.
Assistant Principal – Head of Upper School
Head of Year 11
In year 11 we work towards the aim of students leaving King’s Oak Academy as well-rounded members of society, leaving with everything they need for their post-16 future; not only their exam results, but the transferrable skills required to have a successful life. Students should work well with their form tutor and their upper school teachers in order to build on the skills and knowledge they already have, and develop this to achieve their maximum potential. Students know that their Tutors, Head of Year and Head of School will work closely with them to support them in the final stretch of their King’s Oak journey. As in year 10, Tutors will be the first point of contact for initial concerns in behaviour, attendance and pastoral matters, and the team will meet regularly to share information and workload with the Head of Year. As students head towards their latter stages of school life we will strive to make the Class of 2024’s King’s Oak journey a memorable experience and do our very best to ensure students leave happy and ready for their next steps.
Head of Year 11
The Year 11 Tutor Team 2023/24
The Upper School Uniform 2023/24
- Royal blue KOA polo shirt – KOA branded or unbranded – Iron on logos will be available to purchase from September.
- Navy blue KOA / unbranded round neck sweatshirt or cardigan – Iron on logos will be available to purchase from September.
- Hoodies / alternative jumpers / jackets are not acceptable uniform options.
- Charcoal grey tailored, regular fit trousers or shorts
- Shorts must be knee length and trousers must cover the ankle. Styles such as carrot, tapered, seven/eigths are not permitted.
- Jeans, cords, chinos, stretchy fabric, flares, tracksuit bottoms, leggings, sports shorts or zip pockets are not permitted.
- Monkhouse grey tailored school skirt only
- Plain black school shoes or trainers
- White/coloured logo-based trainers, boots, high heels are not acceptable forms of footwear.