Responsibility for September Reception and Year 7 admissions to King’s Oak Academy for the 2023-24 academic year continues to rest with South Gloucestershire Admissions.
Applications should be made directly to them at the address below. You can find out more information about the school’s admission arrangements on the South Gloucestershire website.
South Gloucestershire Council
Student Access and Support
PO Box 2082
Bristol, BS35 9BQ
Tel: 01454 868008
Families who would like their child to join King’s Oak after the start of September school year should apply directly to King’s Oak Academy using In Year Form 2023-24.
School places are allocated based on the criteria laid out in the Admissions Policy.
Where the school is full or oversubscribed, you may elect to remain on the waiting list and/or lodge an appeal.
All appeals for school places should be made on the King’s Oak Academy Appeals Form and sent directly to Admissions at King’s Oak Academy.
A timetable for organising and hearing admission appeals at King’s Oak Academy will be published by 28th February.
This will include a deadline for lodging appeals which allows those making an appeal at least 20 school days from the date of notification that their application was unsuccessful to prepare and lodge their written appeal.
We will include reasonable deadlines for:
- those making an appeal to submit additional evidence
- admission authorities to submit their evidence
- the clerk to send appeal papers to the panel and parties
- We will ensure that those making an appeal receive at least 10 school days’ notice of their appeal hearing
- ensure that decision letters are sent within 5 school days of the hearing wherever possible