Year 10 Information
Welcome to King’s Oak Academy Upper School. Please see below key information regarding those staff that will be working closely with your child throughout the next academic year.
The Upper School Leadership Team 2023/24
Head of Upper School
On behalf of the staff here in the Upper School I would like to extend a very warm welcome.
Our overarching aim in the Upper School is to refine student skills whilst personalising their learning journey through KS4 and on into higher education or training. We pride ourselves on offering our students the best opportunities within their areas of study and beyond, building on students’ prior learning blocks whilst enhancing their cultural capital and expanding their transferable life skills set. Learning in the Upper School is contextualised to allow students to observe the real-life links to a topic and to secure connections between knowledge and application.
Our Core Student Values:
- Unapologetically Academic
- Relentlessly Fair
- Own your Behaviour
- Unswerving focus on destinations
Our staff are dedicated to working with, and supporting, the individual and offering the therapeutic care needed to excel. Whilst having clear, high expectations we do not want to lose the individualism of our students and encourage them to continue to express themselves and develop their passions, their beliefs and their interests.
The aim, to develop our students in to becoming proud, resilient, hardworking active members of our wider society, giving them the confidence to be their best self and to seize every opportunity available.
Assistant Principal – Head of Upper School
Head of Year 10
In Year 10, students personalise their learning through option subjects, creating their own unique pathway. Students delve deeper into specific subject areas and expand their knowledge while encouraging a passion for learning. Regular mock exams, supported by end of school assessments, test areas of strengths and weakness to prepare all students for formal examinations. Students develop their knowledge and understanding of different career options and undertake work experience to develop employability skills. As part of the Upper School, Year 10 students have specialist teachers and tutors to guide them with their learning and improve their independence. Developing these relationships will ensure all Year 10 students build a rapport with their teachers and feel supported on their personalised learning pathway.
Head of Year 10
The Year 10 Tutor Team 2023/24
The Upper School Uniform 2023/24
- Royal blue KOA polo shirt
- Blue KOA round neck sweatshirt or cardigan
- hoodies / alternative unbranded jumpers and polo shirts are not acceptable uniform options.
- Charcoal grey tailored, regular fit trousers or shorts
- Shorts must be knee length and trousers must cover the ankle. Styles such as carrot, tapered, seven/eigths are not permitted.
- Jeans, cords, chinos, stretchy fabric, flares, tracksuit bottoms, leggings, sports shorts or zip pockets are not permitted.
- Monkhouse grey tailored school skirt only
- Plain black school shoes or trainers
- White/coloured logo-based trainers, boots, high heels are not acceptable forms of footwear.